What is a Pre-Workout?
A pre-workout (PWO) is a form of supplementation that you take prior to exercise, sports or even when you’re just in need of a spike in energy. There are two types of pre-workout:
- Stimulant PWO
- Non-stimulant PWO
Stimulant PWO has caffeine as part of their main ingredients and of course non-stimulant does not. So if you do not tolerate caffeine, you always have a non-caffeine (non-stimulant) option.
Magic Myth is a low dose stimulant pre-workout with many other benefits.
What are the benefits of Magic Myth and how is it different to other PWO?
Alpha Nutrition’s five key components (and cherry on top) of Magic Myth are the:
- Steady flow of energy
- Increased strength
- Increased endurance
- Increased levels of vasodilation or PUMP (nitric oxide pump)
- Increased level of attention and focus
🌸Mouthwatering taste, especially the fan favourite - Honeydew Watermelon flavour
Many PWO will have at least 2-3 of the above components but very rarely hit the nail with all five. That is exactly how Magic Myth stands apart from all the others.
The main ingredients that comprise the five components are:
- Caffeine for increased levels of energy
- Dicreatine malate and glycocyamine for strength
- Beta-alanine for endurance
- Arginine Alphaketoglutarate (AKG) for vasodilation and nitric oxide pump
- Focus matrix including taurine/tyrosine for attention and focus
These ingredients you will find in many other PWO with reputable brands, however it is not only the main ingredients that come together that deliver such a game-changing Magic Myth PWO. It is the other ingredients that have been added and most importantly the ratio and dosage of each individual ingredient.
These include essential vitamins and minerals including magnesium, chromium, malic acid, pantothenic acid, phosphorus and folic acid to name a few. The listing of the other ingredients and their purpose in Magic Myth PWO are as follows:
- Beta-alanine - more than 800mg - tingling sensation/paraesthisa - it is not necessary as it competes with l-taurine absorption and production in the brain
- Waxy maize - steady source of carbohydrate for energy
- Pantothenic acid - Vitamin B5 and it is a catalyst for ATP production (energy)
- Malic acid - helps with the absorption of dicreatine malate
- Phosphorus - helps with the delivery of oxygen to the muscles - nitric oxide pump
- Chromium nicotinate - it reduces the amount of glucose converted to fat and aids in protein synthesis
- Folic acid - helps with repairing damaged cells/muscle tissues
- Vitamin B12 - promotes red blood cells - oxygen delivery to the muscles increasing endurance allowing you get that extra repetition
- Glycocyamine - precursor to dicreatine malate as some people are unable to break down creatine
The path Alpha Nutrition has taken with Magic Myth is the having the optimal ratio and dosage of each other active/main ingredients. I don’t believe that you need to take high dosage of a particular amino acid to reap its benefits, I truly believe you can achieve optimal performance with the right mix of main and other active ingredients.
I have increased the vasodilation and focus matrix and reduced beta-alanine to under 800mg. This is because studies have shown that when you ingest increased beta-alanine to the point where you feel tingling and paraesthesia - you will compete with other amino acids namely l-taurine (mental focus) for absorption and natural production in the brain.
So although you may be feeling like the PWO is kicking in because of the tingles (in your fingers), you are not absorbing other amino acids - the main ingredient that is supposed to give you the ‘zoned in’ effect.
So ask yourself this - how much amino acids can my body really absorb at a given time? What is the point of high dosage when it negates some of the other important and cited effects of PWO?
Magic Myth is the answer to that. The steady flow of energy, unreal pump, increased strength/endurance and being absolutely zoned in to your exercise or sports is what Magic Myth delivers.
When do you use Magic Myth and how often?
I personally use Magic Myth on the days where I play sports after training or if I feel slightly lower in energy. The beautiful part about Magic Myth is the low amount of caffeine (175mg) - which is about 1.5 cups of coffee. The benefits with caffeine go beyond just energy, it also has benefits with attention and focus. The recommended daily dosage of caffeine per day for an adult is about 400-600mg, you’ll be surprised how many PWO has that in just one dose. If you have ever felt that you have been very jittery, anxious and pacing up and down while working out, then you know you have taken just a little too much caffeine. It can make your workout less effective which defeats the purpose of pre-workout.
I’ve had many people who have replaced their morning coffee with Magic Myth due to its benefits and great taste as you can take it everyday if you’d like. The low dose caffeine allows you to take it everyday without building up your tolerance to caffeine.
1-2 scoops of Magic Myth 15-20 minutes before exercise or workout for optimal benefits. I personally take my magic Myth before 6pm as it allows me to exercise and play late night sports with increased energy and focus. My teammates will attest to how much I have improved in both football and basketball.
So there you have it! A breakdown of Magic Myth and where it stands in your life. Join our growing community and become part of the Alpha Pack by putting this knowledge into practice by taking your first dose of Magic Myth now!
Let us know what you think and honest feedback is always welcomed here at Alpha Nutrition.
Founder of Alpha Nutrition